Our client provides a broad range of End of Life Care services across Swindon and North East Wiltshire. They have an outstanding local reputation and are committed to ensuring that the patients and families they provide comfort and care for each year continue to receive an exceptional level of support towards the end of their lives as well as helping to influence and enhance best practice in End of Life Care with other providers.
* 2. Main purpose & scope
The Finance Manager is responsible for the management of the Finance Team and activities to ensure quality and timeliness of output, to satisfy all internal and external requirements, together with managing projects to support the achievement of the Finance Team objectives.
The prime purpose is to ensure the Finance Team deliver timely financial information of a high quality that supports the organisation's needs, including reporting, planning & budgeting & decision support
* 3. Key accountabilities and areas of responsibility
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:-
* Managing and development of the Finance Team, and any volunteers assigned to the team, to ensure achievement of Finance Team goals and individual performance objectives.
* Managing the end to end process for the completion of all financial activities required to deliver the periodic management accounts to the required deadline and for the ongoing development to create a shorter period close.
* Support the Director of Finance & Business Development in the planning process by leading the construction of departmental annual budgets with budget holders and the subsequent review s ready for review and sign off by Senior Leadership team.
* Owning the Financial Calendar annual cycle which will include planning, budgeting, forecasting, management accounting and statutory accounting timelines.
* Developing and implementing the financial controls necessary to ensure compliance with best practice and ensuring the procedures are embedded throughout the organisation.
* Managing the processes to ensure all statutory compliance requirements are satisfied through the submissions of returns to HMRC, Companies House and other regulatory statutory bodies.
* Managing the statutory Year End completion process including the scheduling and management of the audit timetable with the external auditors.
* Managing the Finance Team Business Partnering activities including scheduled periodic reviews, financial analysis and deep dive investigations.
* Identifying, developing and implementing new ways of working including development of financial systems and streamlining processes.
* Take ownership and responsibility for the loading of all budgets into the finance and retail systems for comparative purposes.
* 4. Key Contacts
* Director of Finance & Business Development * Directors / Heads of corporate functions and senior managers across the organisation * Stakeholders / Partners * External Auditors * Suppliers / agencies and other bodies, commercial and non-commercial, relevant to the role and purpose of the post.
* 5. Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* As a minimum requirement will be at least be in the final stages of qualification with a major UK accounting body (ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) * Demonstrable experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting * Experienced as a role model and Ambassador for the Finance Team by building good relationships with peer groups within the organisation * Ability to understand key drivers of operations and how they impact financial performance * Experience of managing an annual audit process and being main point of contact with auditors * Experience of providing analytical and decision making support to managers and teams * Experience of setting team goals and individual objectives and managing performance thereof * Displays a positive and pro-active approach, with the ability to seek out opportunities to improve ways of working * Ability to discern sensitive and confidential information and handle it appropriately * Ability to identify the development needs of self and team, and manage those development needs * Ability to drive high standards of performance for self and team members * Experience of successfully recruiting, managing and supporting a Finance Team including where there is a range of skills, knowledge and experience * Excellent knowledge of financial accounting package software and have advanced Excel skills * Demonstrable analytical approach with good problem solving skills * Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with a keen eye for attention to detail * Experience of educating non-finance managers and their teams all financial matters * Experience of Charity Sector finance, including knowledge of Charity VAT and Gift Aid rules would be an advantage
An exciting opportunity has arisen near Swindon for a Cost Controller / Quantity Surveyor. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing company that works within the construction and civils sectors. The candidate must have quantity surveying experience and qualification to support the role.
Purpose of Role:
* To manage and deliver the cost management for construction and civil projects undertaken by the business. This includes managing enquiries, template cost and queries and settling final accounts within the identified timescales set by the contracts. * To liaise closely with and manage all costs and correspondence with the client nominated Quantity Surveyors. Actively build a working relationship with the clients nominated Quantity Surveyors to enable a progressive and accurate work flow. * Monitor all pricing documents, which involve liaison with a Quantity Surveyor or quantity surveying company. Review account templates prior to sending, to ensure all elements of the project have been captured. * To efficiently manage costs for the internal project management team, ensure that the team has the resource available for the output required. * Ensure the internal project management team has the resource and technology to achieve the requirements of the company * Monitor the internal project management team and quickly respond to any issues of poor performance or lack of knowledge. * Ensure that the internal project management team adheres to the company's procedures. * Provide commercial assistance and advice in the negotiation of all product rates with suppliers and client nominated quantity surveyors. * Assist in the preparation and agreement of submitted product rates and agree on the final rates. * Actively ensure appropriate liaison with internal stakeholders with the key objective of maintaining a pro-active approach to maximise product margins. * Monitor and actively interrogate existing product bill of materials. Build and interrogate new product bill of materials for client and quantity surveyor, ensuring maximum margins are achieved. * Ensure the integrity and compliance with internal systems, processes and procedures. * Actively improve and further processes and procedures related within the QS and cost management role, maintaining maximum efficiency in all aspects of the role. * To provide a strict professional method of working with the client and / or client nominated quantity surveying company.
* Once the costs have been formulated into a clear and concise format, interrogate all costs received from the supply base to ensure all product is being procured at the most cost-effective rates throughout the procurement exercise. * Manage the specification change process from design development of product into revised cost proposals for the client and the client nominated quantity surveyors. * To accurately substantiate all costs submitted and negotiate rates where required. * Support and report to Directors and provide weekly reports of current cost submission status. * Report on price variants, target delivery performance and supplier service levels. * Undertake continuous monitoring and evaluation of costs from the supply chain. * Provide commercial support and assistance in resolving and agreeing on any associated supplier cost increases. * Develop, maintain and improve supplier relationships. * Attend internal meetings to support the delivery of projects in line with budget and programme requirements. * Assist in the preparation and pricing of key account tenders. * Produce and negotiate monthly valuations and agree certificate figures with the client nominated quantity surveyor. * Quantify and negotiate EOT requests and associated additional costs. * Work with the internal project team to produce package of work costs for sub contract work ensuring maximum margin for the company.
* Qualified Quantity Surveyor * Degree educated within a directly transferable subject * 2-5 years' experience working within the construction sector * Advance knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel * Strong communication and negotiation skills * To be aware of and comply with company protocols, standards and ethos
Position : Temporary Merchandiser for Fashion Jewellery Company to cover ( Maternity cover )
Days/Hours : 37.5 hour week - Saturdays included
Location: Swindon & M4 Corridor
Brief outline of job description:
* Liaising with Store Management and staff * Visiting approximately 3/4 stores per day * Tidying, replenishing and merchandising stands * Scanning stock ( send over scans in the evening via email ) * Selling - sales targets set. * Attention to detail * Job is very hands on
* Must be of smart appearance * 5 days per week - Saturdays to be included. * Car provided if taken on, if not fuel will be paid for business journeys using own car. * Retail experience preferred * Must have manual drivers licence * Internet access ( we provide a laptop )
If you are interested please call us on 01793 481301