HOURS OF WORK: Full time on a four week rotating shift pattern of three weeks worked at 37 hours and one week worked at 32 hours, all weeks paid for 37 hours. There is a requirement for weekend & Bank Holiday work as required
ALLOWANCES: Casual car user allowance / use of a Council van
REPORTS TO: Amenities Senior Operative
Main Purpose of the Job
To ensure the effective delivery of a wide range of street scene and horticultural related activities on land owned and maintained by the Council and its clients.
To achieve this the post holder will:
* Ensure that the work they carry out is to the highest standard; * Assist the Senior Amenities Operative to meet the requirements of Council; * Contribute to and implement service improvements; * Assist in the maintenance of Health & Safety systems, carrying out of risk assessments and ensuring safe systems of work are adhered to.
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
1. To undertake a role in the development and maintenance of the Parish, open spaces, recreation areas, play equipment, public footpaths and allotments.
2. To ensure that all work allocated is carried out in accordance with the needs of the Council and meets all relevant legal requirements.
3. To carry out plant, vehicles and machinery maintenance as required.
4. The duties of the post will include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
* Grass Cutting * Upkeep of flower beds, borders & trees * Tree/flower planting * Watering of plants * Litter collection/emptying of bins * Installation and maintenance of street furniture * Street cleansing * Weed spraying * Maintenance of open spaces and footpaths
*The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive, there may be other duties and requirements associated with the post and in addition, as a term of your employment, you can be required to undertake other duties and/or hours of work.
5. To use the correct equipment for all tasks in a safe manner wearing any necessary personal protective equipment including Hi-Vis items of clothing at all times.
6. Ensure that compliance to the relevant health & safety regulations are maintained by one-self and colleagues and bring to the attention of management any deviance.
7. To contribute to any investigation into complaints and enquiries from customers and colleagues in accordance with good service practice.
8. To maintain any issued uniform in a good condition. To act at all times in a manner which will not bring the Council into disrepute.
9. To provide cover for the Senior when necessary.
10. To attend and contribute to staff meetings.
11. To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that all aspects related to the CNC Machining Areas are dealt with & controlled in a safe, effective & efficient manner & to provide the company with effective support functions within the company CNC Machining Areas.
CNC Machine Minder Job Description
Following are a list of the main and most important duties and responsibilities, these are not exhaustive and you will be required to have a flexible approach as you may be requested to assist/carry out other tasks and duties in other areas as and when the need arises:
* To fully support all CNC Setters in ensuring the safe and efficient running of CNC machines. * The responsibility and safety for the loading and unloading of products/components from machines. * Safely, following and maintaining the procedures for the Issuing and Loading of Raw Material to the machines. * Ensuring that the machines are maintained and 'topped-up' with coolant and oil. * The Patrol Inspection, monitoring and recording of identified and key component sizes and features throughout the manufacturing Batch run of product on machines and immediately notifying a Setter or Team Leader of any query or non-conformance. * Where applicable, the 100% Visual inspection and recording of components for identified features and also defects and damage and to immediately notifying a Setter or Team Leader of any query or non-conformance. * The movement, administration and identification of product between areas. * The general housekeeping of the machines and all surrounding areas. * Ensuring that all equipment, tooling, gauging etc is handled/stored securely and safely to prevent any damage. * Provide support and cover when and where necessary within other areas of the company.
* Excellent attitude to work * Ideally some experience or knowledge of CNC * Able to work split shift - lates and earlies * Able to supply up to date references
This is a temp-perm position. Those who call Storm on 01793481301 and ask for Steve Botting will gain an advantage.